To supply, install and commission of complete set breathing apparatus . Offering an after sale service for maintenance is provided on periodical basis. The service provided shall be suitable for all major brand of breathing apparatus in the market. The company will submit quotation before repair and even if not requested for one. We wil call if the repair does not appear to be economical.
Preventive and Safety Maintenance and Equipment Fitness Test :
- BA cylinder need to do Hydrostatic Test for every 5 years.
- Face Mask need to do Fit Test for every 2 year (recommended by mfg).
- LDV and 1st stage reducer need to perform service every 5 years.
Testing the SCBA
- Do a physical check on the integrity of the equipment.
- Close the LDV, open cylinder valve, check the pressure in cylinder ( as indicated ). Close the cylinder valve.
- Watch the pressure gauge. Ensure that the pressure does not drop more than 10 bar within 1 minute.
- Open the LDV, use your palm to release the pressure slowly. Ensure the low warning whistle blows at 40-50 bar.
- Ensure face mask diaphragm is functioning. With the face mask on, close the connector with palm, and inhale. Listen for the diaphragm click. Check mask for leaks from the sides by trying to inhale deeply.
- Finally check remaining pressure in cylinder ( at least 80% )
Safety Guidelines for using SCBA to enter confine space :
- Should only be worn by suitable trained personnel ( not suitable for those who are heavily bearded, have breathing problem or people above 50 years ).
- Wear and Take-off BA outside Confine Space.
- BA enter personnel must at least 2 person.
- Must have BA Main Monitoring Board.
- Wear Distress Signal Unit ( DSU ) or tie entry person with rope.
- Use Gas Detector to check gas before enter.