The Confined Space Legal Requirements :
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994
- Factories and machinery Act 1967
- Code of Practice for Safe Working in A Confined Space 2001
By defineds confined spaces as any place including chambers, vats, silos, pits, trenches, pipes,flues, well or other similar spaces which by virtue of its enclosed nature there arises a reaasonable foreseeable “specified risk”. Renzo Ventures Sdn. Bhd. supply of technical personal and skill personal registered with DOSH, NIOSH & CIDB. Our scope of work inclusive of chemical tank cleaning, confined space entry and general workers.
Competent Manpower Supply for Confined Space
Authorized Entrant & Stand-by Person For Confined Space Authorized Gas Tester & Entry Supervisor For Confined Space Safety & Health Officer Registered With DOSH
Our operatives are trained to work in confined access environments, and our method of operation ensures we comply with the Confined Space Regulations.
- Performing a risk assessment
- Preventing, where possible, the need to enter a confined space
- Establishing a Safe System of Work
- Providing adequate training and ensure that persons are competent to enter the specific type of confined space in which they are to work.
- Providing the correct type and quantity of PPE
- Establishing emergency procedures
The loss of consciousness of any person working in a confined space caused by:
- Increase or loss of body temperature
- Asphyxiation due to gas, fumes, vapor or lack of oxygen
- Asphyxiation due to free flowing solids
- Risks that are present in normal working conditions i.e slips and falls are also present in confined spaces their consequences however can be greatly exaggerated due to the inherent difficulties of access, egress and recovery from confined spaces.